1. What do you see as the biggest benefits of telemedicine and telehealth?
I think the main benefit is allowing direct contact between patients and specialists despite physical distance, even between different countries, without the need for direct contact with on case collaboration between all parties involved.
2. How have the patients and the health care professionals from your clinic felt about using Medicai and about telemedicine in general?
All the colleagues in our team in Romania and abroad adopted the platform easily and embraced it enthusiastically.
3. 2020 is definitely the year of the unexpected and of change. Which changes do you think will become permanent? What good thing can we learn?
I think the COVID lockdown will push the limits for online activities. All the classical reunions and meetings will shift to online; courses and conferences, consultations, anything involving communication without the need for physical contact will go online.
4. In your opinion, what will healthcare look like 5 years from now?
I think we will see more private practice in clinics or individual with online collaboration for each case. The interventional/surgical activity will be externalized to specific facilities.
5. Telemedicine helps chronically ill patients a lot, but who else do you think will benefit from platforms like Medicai in the future?
I think the potential is huge especially for future generations; for the next 10-20 years I see it as the standard practice. It will begin with every patient and open minded physician and slowly become the rule.
6. How do you use Medicai and how has it helped you specifically?
I use it to discuss cases with colleagues from abroad; it allowed me consulting cases from Romania while staying in France.